Saturday, May 11, 2019

Role of a Citizen


For my first blog post, I want to describe what I believe the civic duty of all Americans is in order to maintain a prosperous nation and a productive environment. Firstly, I believe the most important one, and the one most Americans agree with, is participation in the electoral process. This entails voting for both national and local elections as well as doing the research to know which candidate would best suit your neighborhood and stand for what you believe is right. I think the research part is often forgotten by many or ignored. The more people that participate, the more accurate the views of Americans will be represented by the government. Another huge tasks for citizens are to call out issues or when a right has been infringed upon. It’s important for large social issues to cause a stir to gain the attention of elected officials. That’s really the only way change will occur at a legal level. As for calling out when rights are being infringed, this entails a wide array of events. It could be our right to equality has been affected due to a social or legal change. The right to freedom could be infringed by the government in a number of ways, such as laws prohibiting citizens to buy certain things online or overseas. It’s up to the citizens to protect their own rights as well as the government. Another important job of a citizen is to simply protect their neighbor. Looking after each other is an important part of citizenship that can be forgotten today. People are becoming less social with others in the real world, so remembering to always look out for other can be difficult. If you see someone or a group of people that need help in society, it’s your role t help them out and call for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Argument of the Final

          I would like to try and explain my argument within my final project for my class. My project was a pretty simple Excel spreadsheet...