Saturday, May 11, 2019

Depression Epidemic (Guest writer)

       I believe mental illness is becoming a serious problem for younger adults in America more so than ever experienced. There's so many diagnosis and self-diagnosis for things such as ADD, ADHD, Depression, and bipolar disorder. With these diagnosis's comes medicine that seemingly everyone's on now. Most of my colleagues I know take some sort of medication for a mental disorder to help them out with school and life. A friend of mine had recently admitted themselves into the care of a mental disorder hospital that helps rehabilitate and take care of patients. They had been feeling very depressed and have bipolar disorder with taking any medication, so their mood was all over the place. They wrote this poem right before they drove to the clinic.


Curled up in bed 
in a room so picturesque we ought to drown in the light. 
the room’s 3 white walls were purposeful in their choosing of tone. 
one green wall to scare off thoughts of visitors questioning the “nut house vibe” of monochromed creams.
They'd be right. 
everyone is usually right they just lack the courage to face a lion 
never fonded a leo, they’re too loud for me 
irony.
In bed trying to breathe. the blue pill taking any glimmer of light from my corpse 
feeling dead. 
a living version of dead i suppose
this just got morbid fast didn’t it..?
funny how you don’t consider death until 
death is sitting next to your soul on public transit trying to see up your skirt 
Death is everywhere and he doesn’t fit the stereotypes 
my thoughts seem scattered today.
 it’s only fitting
apologies for those following along.
 we won’t be long 
just jotting down more nonsense on a page 
because this page is my life and my life feels 
nonsensical
curled up in bed so shivered it's a triumph just to write down letters
forming words 
forming some sort of proof that I was here
scared and alone but typing nonetheless
 here.
Curled up in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Argument of the Final

          I would like to try and explain my argument within my final project for my class. My project was a pretty simple Excel spreadsheet...