Saturday, May 11, 2019

Argument of the Final

          I would like to try and explain my argument within my final project for my class. My project was a pretty simple Excel spreadsheet with some VBA Macros to make it perform a certain function. It was a short quiz over certain aspects of an individual with dropdown boxes to choose a response. Once filled out, the user would hit the "Calculate" button to see the output. The output would be a year in America's history in which the user would have gained full legal equality. It would also have side notes for certain responses to show if their was any controversy surrounding a particular answer currently going on. The point of this was not only to inform, but to also demonstrate how small, unchangeable features of someone could drastically change when someone would have been treated as an equal in the eyes of the law. It also demonstrates how most of the dates when people gained equality are very recent in history, leaving generations of people without that fundamental right. The notes on the side further the argument by showing how so many aspects are still being debated today and if their still socially being treated as unequals. I kept the number os questions low to show how very simple features can throw the results way off. I think it is important for people to understand the message I'm trying to convey to create a society motivated for change and progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Argument of the Final

          I would like to try and explain my argument within my final project for my class. My project was a pretty simple Excel spreadsheet...